Mamas, after our statement necklace round-up, a few of you commented/emailed that you found statement necklaces tough to pull off. You weren't sure when to throw them on (only with fancy dresses? T-shirts? What?), or how to get the necklines right.
I get it. As someone whose style veers to the minimalist, statement necklaces can seem like...a whole lotta necklace. So I turned to one of my BFFs, Becky McBride, who happens to be a stylist for Stella & Dot. Helping women figure out how to wear statement necklaces is part of her job...and Beck often wears them herself. Like...every. day. (Just about, anyway.)
Anyway, Mamas, it gets better: It just so happens that Stella & Dot is coming out with a new line in ONE MONTH. And Beck is selling her gently used sample pieces at 50% off...to us. Keep reading for some adorable statement necklace (maternity!!) style inspiration...and some crazy-awesome deals. Instructions for purchasing are below.
The thing about statement necklaces...people assume you have to wear them for a "BIG" occasion. The BIG OCCASION holiday party is a perfect time to bust them out and turn that little black dress you already have into something new and fabulous. However, the key, I think, is to look for something that will work just as well with jeans and a tee at the playground, as it will when paired with a skirt and sweater for the office or PTO meeting.
(wearing: LEFT - Isabella Oliver Ruched Maternity Cami, Splendid Cardigan, Matenal America straight leg jeans - similar, Me Too flats - similar....RIGHT: Isabella Oliver dress - similar, Stuart Weitzman boots, and the Marchesa necklace in both pics)
Statement necklaces are a great way to refresh an old dress and draw people's attention UP to your face. (Which is where we want them to focus anyway - not on the prego body, post-partum pooch, etc.) Let's just put the focus on our smiling faces.
(wearing: Blue Dress from Akira Chicago - similar, Stella & Dot Pegasus necklace)
In my line of work, I hear this all the time: "I love statement necklaces...but I can't pull them off." I watch women try these puppies on all day long and I am so confident in saying EVERY woman can pull off a statement necklace...whether paired with jeans or a little back dress. Once a women puts on her first statement necklace and walks out of the house, she's forever converted. Why? Because she looks great and people respond so positively! Who doesn't need a random stranger at the mall saying, "wow, you look so fabulous in that necklace!" It's better than depression medication, cheaper than therapy and less time consuming than a self-help book. Trust me on this one. :)
A few shameless plugs for Stella & Dot fans...
At Stella & Dot in December, for every $50 you buy, you get $25 in Dot Dollars to be used in the new year!*
* Details on Dot Dollars1. For every $50 you spend between December 1st and December 31st, you earn $25 Dot Dollars. Spend $100, get $50 in Dot Dollars!
2. You can apply $25 Dot Dollars to every $50 you spend between January 3rd - 10th 2013.
3. On January 3rd, 2013 you will receive an e-mail with your Dot Dollar promo codes, each code representing a $25 Dot Dollars award.
You can start earning Dot Dollars by shopping here.
Thanks, Beck!! You look amazing! Gosh, I love a pregger belly. Am...getting...baby...feeever.....
Ok - Here's how to GET the GOODS at 50% off:
Beck is selling her stash of samples to make way for the new line. Everything has been worn, but all are in great condition. (And of course, if you aren't happy with your purchase, Beck will work with you to make it all better...) So here's what you do:
1. Peruse the list below - we've listed both the picture and price for each piece Beck is selling.
2. Leave a comment with the following info: Which piece you'd like...and feel free to include a first, second and third choice. Be sure you include your email address. (If you aren't comfortable including your email in the body of the comment, at least fill it in as part of the comment form. No one but me can see it, and I can forward it on to Becky.)
3. Becky will go through the comments on a first-come, first-serve basis and contact you to set up the sale. Beck has a fancy little credit card machine, so you can work payments out with her (and get a receipt, etc.). Once she contacts you, you will have 48 hrs to pay before Beck moves onto the next person on the list.
4. You pay the prices listed below (all 50% off or more) plus $6 shipping.
A. Bamboleo Necklace - $228 (50% off = $114)
B. Pegasus Necklace - $198 (50% off + $99)
C. Marchesa Necklace - $178 (50% off = $89)
D. Calliah Necklace - $158 (50% off = $79)
E. Sierra Necklace - $148 (50% off = $74)
F. Campari Necklace - $128 (50% off = $64)
G. Rio Triple Strand Necklace - Was $128, now 50% off on website ($64)...Beck is selling hers for $40
H. Contessa Jade Necklace - $118 (50% off = $59)
I. Femme Fatale Necklace - $118 (50% off = $59)
J. Adrienne Mixed Chain Necklace $118 (50% off = $59) - no longer on the website, but similar to this one
K. Stevie Necklace - $89 (50% off = $44.50)
L. Serenity Stone Pendant - $79 (50% off = $39.50)
M. Bello Bangle - $89 (50% off = $44.50)
N. After the Rain Bracelet - $79 (50% off = $39.50)
Thank you Becky - for both the adorable pictures, the tips, and the ah-mazing deals!!
Happy Holidays to us, Mamas.